You Are Here:
- › ABOUT BLACKBURN
- Blackburn offers more than 30 majors
- Our direct cost for incoming freshmen for the 2012-2013 school year is only $20,294 - including room and board! Subtract your $2,640 work credit, and the remaining amount is just $17,654. That’s before a single grant or scholarship, and is substantially less than any other private college in the state.
- Faculty to student ratio (12:1)
- Blackburn is the least expensive, private four-year residential institution in the state of Illinois
- Blackburn College is the only nationally recognized Work College whose Work Program is student-managed.
- All resident students are required to work a minimum of 160 hours each semester
- Independent Presbyterian 4-year Liberal Arts College, founded 1837
- 60 Computers Available for General Student Usage
Business Office Hours
The Blackburn College Business Office consists of the Office of the Vice President of Administration and Finance, and provides the following services of payroll, benefits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchase orders, budgeting, and financing.
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Statement of Mission
Blackburn College, founded in 1837 and affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA), provides a coeducational student body with a rigorous, distinctive, and affordable liberal arts education that prepares graduates to be responsible, productive citizens. The Blackburn community values critical and independent thinking, leadership development, respect for all individuals, and lifelong learning. The College fosters a sense of service, community, and moral responsibility through its unique student-managed work program, its collegial concept of shared governance, and its faculty/staff mentor relationship with students.