Announcements and Cancellations
Find out why so many students are choosing Blackburn!
- Afford it. Blackburn is the least expensive private residential liberal arts college in Illinois!
- Participate in the only student managed Work Program in the U.S.!
- Graduate with two transcripts—an academic transcript and a work transcript.
- Develop time management, work, and leadership skills.
- Stand out in the classroom with a student-faculty ratio of 11:1, and an average class size of only 13 students.
- Achieve success after graduation—97.5% of 2013 graduates were employed or in graduate school six months after graduation.
- Get into grad school! In the last seven years, 100% of graduating pre-health majors with faculty recommendations were admitted to graduate schools in their chosen field.
- Improve your grades with the great resources provided at The Lumpkin Learning Commons.
- Work side by side with faculty and staff, gaining excellent work and academic experience.
- Compete on one of Blackburn’s 11 NCAA Division III athletic programs.
- Live In a community built by its students—literally brick by brick. Blackburn students constructed 10 of the buildings on campus as part of the Blackburn College Work Program!
- Perform in music and theatre programs or sit back and enjoy the show in Bothwell Auditorium, showcasing a new, state-of-the-art $2.5 million renovation.
- Study in Mahan Laboratory Science Building, one of the first LEED certified buildings in this part of Illinois.
- Join one of the many student clubs and organizations and make your mark!
Blackburn is not like other colleges, but then you probably aren’t like other students.
Come visit and discover more about the Blackburn Experience!