With six dormitories, some single-sex, some co-ed, some air-conditioned, some not, and even one quiet dorm, you are sure to find a place to call your home away from home.
Largely built by student workers, Butler Hall opened in 1928. Extensive renovations were completed in the 1980s. Butler Hall houses both men and women, who live on three floors separated into six single-sex wings. The 1st floor has been designated substance-free.
The lower floor has an air-conditioned parlor with a big screen TV, ping-pong table, pool table and fireplace. Butler is next door to Ludlum, and close to Hudson and Woodson classrooms.
Graham is home to men (upstairs) and women (downstairs). Quiet hours are in effect 23 hours a day. The 24th hour is considered a “courtesy hour” in which noise should still be kept to a minimum. An open fireplace and a large public lounge are located on the first floor. Graham is near the Woodward Athletic Center, Ludlum and DCC, and has air-conditioning and mini-blinds.
Jewell Hall, the largest residential facility on campus, is located on the northernmost quadrant of campus. Rooms face north and south, and just about all of them have great views of the athletic fields or campus lawns and trees. A co-ed hall with two wings, Jewell Hall is the home of our Freshman Living and Learning Community. The wings are separated by an air-conditioned main lounge, with couches, TV, and a ping-pong table.
Jewell is the closest dorm to the Visual Arts Center, Bothwell Conservatory and the Science Building.
Jones Hall is a three-floor, women-only residence with spacious rooms, large windows with mini-blinds, and air conditioning. Jones has a large lounge with an open fireplace and a piano. Jones is conveniently located across the Quad from Hudson Hall and adjacent to Woodson.
Jones has a special section of rooms for juniors and seniors known as Faculty Alley, featuring semi-private baths and single rooms.
Challacombe (North) Hall
Challacombe is the only all male residence hall. Located on the North Quad, Challacombe is closest to Woodward Athletic Center, Graham Hall and the Demuzio Campus Center (DCC). Each room has air conditioning and mini-blinds. The main lounge with its open fireplace is the traditional gathering place for current and former “Norsemen.”
Located on the east side of Hudson Quad, Stoddard has housed Blackburn students since 1924. Renovation in 2007 added a full kitchen on the second floor, and refitted the small parlor and main lounge (both air-conditioned) for meetings and group events.
The first floor, for women only, is a substance-free and quiet study zone. Men and women live on separate wings of the upper two floors. Stoddard has quick access to Lumpkin Library and Rahme, Hudson and Woodson classrooms.