Majors and minors include History AND Secondary Social Science Education.
- The study of past events in order to understand how humanity has developed.
- History is essential to understanding the world today and into the future.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop analytical writing skills.
- Courses include environment studies as well as gender studies.
- Courses emphasize the interconnections in the various regions of the world.
Notable:Excellent preparation for law school.
5 Hot Job Outlooks:
- Curatorial/Archival Management: Museums
- Government Agents
- Historical Museum Curator and Historical Site Director
- Researcher for law firms
Chair of History
Ph.D., Northwestern University
office: 217-854-3231 ext. 5634
Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
office: 217-854-3231 ext. 5638