- Reflects truths about human nature.
- Represents the writing produced in a particular country or time period.
- Moves us because of its beauty or emotional effect.
- Surveys in American, British and Global Literature
- Studies in Poetry, Narrative, Drama, and Shakespeare
- Topics in Gender, Ethnicity, Law, Leadership, Environment, and Graphic Novels
Opportunities for majors include:
- Producing our literary magazine
Writing for The ’Burnian
- Tutoring in the Writer’s Block
Joining the creative writing club
Majors go on to:
- Teaching positions
- Law school
- Public Relations
- Professional writing
Awards and Prizes
- Beginning Scholar Award
- Creative Writing Award
- Student Journalism Award
- Stoddard Prize for Literature
- 3 Talent-Based Scholarships
Our professors are published scholars and members of organizations such as the Modern Language Association and Shakespeare Oxford Fellowship.
5 Hot Job Outlooks:
- Book Citric
- Educational Program Specialist
- Literary Agent
- Manuscript Reader