Want to go to Graduate School?
Here are some important things to know:
Most graduate school program application deadlines are December-January THE YEAR BEFORE YOU PLAN TO START
What is a good timeline?
- Spring of junior year- research graduate programs and request information
- Summer before senior year- study for the GRE, GMAT, or other required standardized test
- Take the test at the end of the summer (this leaves time for a retake if necessary) Make sure your scores are sent to the schools you are applying to
- Early fall –
- work on required documents, such as personal statement
- request letters of recommendations
- November – make sure you have all requirements prepared. Have professor, career services, or other professional review your materials.
- Submit your application before the application deadline