Benefits of Completing an Internship
- Obtain experience related to your major
- Develop transferable skills
- Build your network
- Explore career options
Where do I start?
- Talk with your advisor
- Can you do an internship for credit?
- Is an internship required for your major?
- How many hours are required?
- Explore the Blackburn College Career Portal, the Featured Opportunities page, and the flyers outside of the Career Services office (DCC 103A) or on the bulletin board outside of the Bookstore
- Explore the resources listed on this page.
- Update your Resume – make sure it is relevant to each internship you are applying to.
- Create a Cover Letter for each application.
- Prepare for the Interview.
What are micro-internships?
Micro-Internships are short-term, professional assignments that provide you with opportunities to gain experience, while helping companies get more done. Through these assignments, you will learn what it takes to succeed in an industry, while demonstrating your grit and determination as prospective employees.
To learn more and start a Micro-Internship, visit: http://info.parkerdewey.com/blackburn
Be sure to get assistance with your resume before applying!