BLACKBURN COLLEGE POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Public Relations Digital Marketing Manager
FULL/PART TIME: Full-Time (12 months)
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Public Relations
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Digital Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing & Public Relations and is responsible for managing the college’s digital marketing, including the college websites and social media accounts. The position will work with different teams at the college to coordinate digital content development and publishing, while enhancing the college brand through sound digital marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Consult with the Director of Marketing & Public Relations and propose digital marketing plans for the institution, encompassing the college websites and all social media platforms.
- Develop policies and guidelines for expanded digital marketing at the college.
- Responsible for establishing a greater web presence and improving of the content creation process.
- Independently maintain a strong online voice for the college through the website and social media, leading the creation of content for online publishing.
- Manage and optimize the success of digital advertising.
- Work with Marketing & Public Relations, Admissions, and Advancement teams, and other constituencies at the college, to develop appropriate messaging and ensure brand consistency
- Create and implement direct marketing methods to further enrollment, student retention, institutional advancement and general institutional goals.
- Use tools such as Google Analytics, Trends and AdWords Keyword Planner to identify SEO opportunities, Keyword planning, traffic analysis, and content analysis to improve website outcomes.
- Monitor and optimize digital media accounts to increase brand awareness, visibility, prospect engagement and lead generation to achieve effective returns.
- Oversee and execute day-to-day management of digital accounts and develop digital marketing plans for presentation to the Director of Marketing & Public Relations or other departments.
- Analyze campaign performance and manage weekly and monthly reporting.
- Manage the digital media budget and prepare an annual budget aligned with strategic digital marketing goals and objectives.
- Manage outside vendors for website development and ensure satisfactory completion of web design or development work when needed.
- Seek out innovative digital marketing techniques to develop and test for continuous optimization and improvement of the College’s digital marketing capabilities.
- Supervise and mentor student workers who will assist with digital media projects as part of the Blackburn College Work Program.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 5 years work experience as a Digital media specialist, preferably in higher education
- Familiarity with web design and WordPress or other content management systems
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Premiere Pro, or other media editing software
- Demonstrated proficiency using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and interest in pursuing new social media platforms
- Excellent analytical and project management skills; ability to work independently while managing other workers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital media or relevant field
- Additional qualification in web design, HTML, or animation is a plus
As a Blackburn college work programs teaching supervisor, you have certain responsibilities to the College and to the students(s) you are supervising. Therefore, as part of your position requirements, you agree to
- Provide adequate instruction, training and appropriate working conditions for the performance of the student(s)’s duties.
- Be a positive role model and mentor.
- Assure that the student(s) you supervise work in an environment that co9mplements to College’s mission and values.
- Assure that the duties assigned to student workers are appropriate and necessary, and maximize the opportunities for student learning and development.
- Adhere to the work program guidelines including the verification of student work hours, evaluation of student work performance each semester, and use to the work warning system to document unacceptable student work behavior.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person holding this position. This is not to be construed as a exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and kills required of persons holding this position.