All of the following documents and forms are required to be considered for admission to Blackburn College. To allow adequate time to process the admission request and complete the enrollment process should the request be approved, it is recommended that all materials be received no later than June 1 for fall semester enrollment; and November 1 for spring semester enrollment.
- Application Form: Complete the application for admission form, including all required signatures. Incomplete information that is requested on the form may delay the processing of your request.
Evidence of Financial Resources
- Financial Statement: Complete, signed International Financial Statement Form (printable .pdf)
- Affidavit of Financial Support for Sponsors: If you are using sponsorship, please have each sponsor fill out the form here accordingly.
- Bank Statements: Along with the financial statement(s), you must furnish current legal bank statements (for you and any financial sponsors) and/or scholarship awards verifying the availability of at least $17,500.00 US dollars or the equivalent in another currency to cover tuition and other expenses for at least your first year of attendance at Blackburn College.Legal Bank Statements –
- Must be dated within the last three months;
- Name of account holder must be present;
- Amount of money in the account must be listed (conversion to US Dollars at the current rate);
- Must be in English, or include a certified English translation;
- Type of account (eg. savings, checking, time deposit) must be included;
- Type of currency must be included.
Please ensure that adequate funding will continue to be available from the same or equally dependable sources for subsequent years. You may be asked to show proof of this at your visa interview. Supporting documents for each of the sources of funding is required.
- English Proficiency: Blackburn accepts those listed below for demonstrating English proficiency. Results must come directly from the testing service. Non-native English speakers must meet one of the following standards.
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language, internet based) 80 or higher with certain minimum sub-scores ranging from 17-20.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language, paper based) 550 or above with a minimum of 50 on all sub-scores.
- IELTS (International English Language Test System) 6.0 overall or higher with sub-scores of 6.0 in Reading, Listening and Speaking, and 5.5 in Writing.
- A Cambridge English Score (CAE – Advanced or CPE – Proficiency) of 174 with no individual score below 169.
- Transcripts, Diplomas, and Certificates: Provide records of every secondary you have attended. Records must be originals, certified or notarized Photostats and must be translated into English. Have your ACT or SAT score sent to us by the testing agency if you completed secondary school in the US or have taken the test(s).
- Passport Biographical Page: For all international students, provide a copy of your current, valid passport biographical page.
International Student Agreement: Please read, sign, and return the International Student Agreement printable .pdf.