Deaf Interpretive ServicesStudent Success Center
Blackburn College, located in Carlinville, Illinois, is seeking proposals from qualified and experienced providers of Deaf Interpretive Services to enhance accessibility for our deaf and hard-of-hearing students in various academic and campus settings. We are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all students, including those with disabilities.
Scope of Services
The selected vendor will be responsible for providing a range of Deaf Interpretive Services, including but not limited to:
- Provide qualified and certified ASL interpreters for classroom lectures, discussions, and other academic activities. Provide interpreters at the green or silver/advanced or master level as needed for academic coursework.
- Adhere to specific academic scheduling needs, including the provision of interpreters during classes scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 50 minutes and Tuesday, and Thursday for 75 minutes. Student schedule will be provided in advance.
- Receive first notice for interpreting services for extracurricular events, meetings, and campus activities as requested. Extra-curricular activities are upon request with a minimum 7-day notice.
- Provide interpreters residing within a 25-30 mile radius of the college campus.
- Honor the college’s request for a consistent interpreter for classes whenever possible.
- Give advance notice to faculty and impacted student if services will be interrupted.
The evaluation of proposals will be based on the following criteria:
- Qualifications and Experience: Demonstrated experience providing deaf interpretive services at the college level, including relevant certifications and qualifications of interpreters.
- Cost: Competitive pricing for services offered, with transparent breakdowns of costs.
- Service Quality: Proven track record of providing high-quality interpreting and captioning services.
- Response Time: Ability to respond promptly to requests and emergencies.
- References: References from other educational institutions or clients where similar services have been provided.
Interested vendors are invited to submit their proposals in response to this RFP by October 2, 2023. Proposals should be sent electronically to Bradley.firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format with the subject line: “Deaf Interpretive Services Proposal.”
Proposal Submission Deadline: Review of submissions will start 5 business days after posting and continue until filled.
Contract will be for fall semester (end date estimated December 9th but depends on student schedule).
All inquiries and questions regarding this RFP should be directed to Marshall Petty, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com or 217-854-5514 .
Blackburn College reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals received, to negotiate with any qualified source, or to cancel in part or in its entirety this RFP if it is in the best interest of the college.