Executive Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Chief Diversity Officer; Title IX CoordinatorOffice of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Blackburn College, a unique four-year liberal arts college with a student-managed work program located in Carlinville, IL, seeks applications for Executive Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Chief Diversity Officer; Title IX Coordinator. The Executive Director of DEI serves as the senior advisor to the President and College Leadership on initiatives and issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion as it relates to students, staff, faculty, and the broader community, and supports the development and guides the implementation of the College strategy around diversity, equity and inclusion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the College in ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion are considered in planning, implementing, and assessing strategic initiatives, particularly including the advancement of a culture for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Partners with campus leaders, faculty, students, staff, and internal and external constituencies to ensure programming, practice, and policy supports the college’s and local community’s values and strategic goals.
- Develops and maintains policies that encourage support of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all hiring.
- Oversees the Campus Equity Center and professional and student staff.
- Chairs Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, or similar committee or sub-committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned which may be incidental or necessary to the function of the College.
Required Education, Skills, Abilities:
- Masters required, PhD preferred from a regionally accredited institution in a relevant field such as: Higher Education Administration, Social Justice, Sociology, Public Administration, or similar.
- 3+ years professional experience in higher education and diversity, equity, and inclusion leadership.
- Experience-based knowledge of relevant legislation such as Title IX, Title IV, Civil Rights Act, Affirmative Action, EEO, ADA.
- Successful track-record of collaboration with senior administrators, staff and faculty members, and student organizations.
- Proven community-building and development and implementation of effective programs for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience facilitating critical conversations to foster and support a campus-culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all campus and external constituents, including faculty, staff, students, members of the Board of Trustees, community members, alumni, and prospective donors.
Blackburn College seeks to build an inclusive community that can engage the interests of a diverse population. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and sustaining a culture that reflects the diversity of our country, and as such, we particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups such as women, people of color, LGBTQ+, veterans, and those with disabilities.
Please send a letter of application addressing the above expectations including a description of what diversity means to you, a resume or CV, and the names/addresses/telephone numbers/e-mail addresses of three to five references to: Human Resources, Blackburn College, 700 College Ave., Ludlum 110, Carlinville, IL 62626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Employment-based immigration sponsorship is not offered for this position. Phone calls or walk-ins not accepted. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.