Head Women’s Volleyball Coach
Blackburn College, a unique four-year liberal arts college with a student-managed work program located in Carlinville, IL seeks applications for the full-time position of Head Women’s Volleyball Coach. This is a 10-month, benefits eligible position reporting to the Director of Athletics & Recreation. The successful candidate will have a focus on supporting student-athlete success and well being as well as building a competitive Division III program.
- Oversees the identification, evaluation and recruitment of potential student-athletes
- Directs all aspects of the coaching of the program
- Coordinates the physical development of each student-athlete through appropriate strength and conditioning, and practice sessions as well as prepare game strategies.
- Administrative duties related to active coaching
- Advises and counsels student-athletes academically, athletically and socially
- Monitors the academic progress of each student-athlete
- Directs all aspects of the management of the program
- Fiscally responsible for all areas of the budget, including budget proposal, accounting and expenditure
- Coordinates all travel arrangements for team trips
- Recommends and oversees the purchase of new equipment, supplies, and uniforms
- Oversee summer camps and team fundraising
- With the Director of Athletics oversees the development of the competition schedule
- Represents the College at meetings
- Maintains a visible presence at department functions, College open houses and College events
- Is a visible, fully integrated member of the College community
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including ancillary responsibilities
Recommended Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, MS degree preferred
- Minimum of 2–3 years of coaching experience, preferably at the college level
- Collegiate playing experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Current First Aid, CPR & AED certification
Blackburn College seeks to build an inclusive community that can engage the interests of a diverse population. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and sustaining a culture that reflects the diversity of our country, and as such we particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups such as women, people of color, LGBTQ+, veterans, and those with disabilities.
Please send a letter of application addressing the above expectations, including a description of what diversity means to you, a resume, cover letter, and the names/addresses/telephone numbers/email addresses of three to five references to: Human Resources, Blackburn College, 700 College Ave., Ludlum 110, Carlinville, IL 62626 or email email@example.com. Employment-based immigration sponsorship is not offered for this position. Phone calls or walk-ins not accepted.