Here are some questions that have been asked about the Macoupin Promise. Please let us know if you have another question by contacting the Office of Admissions.
- What is the Macoupin Promise?
The Macoupin Promise is a financial aid program designed to help students obtain their future success through access to education. In an effort to remove one of the biggest barriers to higher education – COST – Blackburn College has committed to offering Free Tuition to students that qualify for the program.
- Who qualifies for the Macoupin Promise? Students must meet these 5 requirements –
- Will graduate (or have graduated) from a high school in Macoupin County
- Meet Blackburn admission requirements
- Participate in the Blackburn Work Program
- Student award eligibility for Blackburn’s Macoupin Promise will be dependent on the State of Illinois’ continuation of their funding of the Illinois Monetary Awards Program (MAP). Any FAFSA submitted after December 1 would only be eligible to receive the Macoupin Promise on a first come, first serve basis and until the awarding of MAP is halted. If you think you may qualify for Blackburn’s Macoupin Promise, you are encouraged to complete your 2018-2019 FAFSA immediately by visiting https://fafsa.gov/.
School Code: 001639
- Have a household income of less than $60,000 via the FAFSA form
- Are Transfer students eligible?
This program is open to all new students whether they are transfer or freshman students as long as they graduate from a high school in Macoupin County.
- How can I see if my income qualifies?
The income qualification is based on the information provided on the FAFSA form. To find out if you are eligible students need to submit their FAFSA to Blackburn College (ID number 001639).
- Are adult learners eligible?
All students are eligible as long as they haven’t previously obtained a Bachelor’s Degree from Blackburn College or another college and university.
- Are students with a GED eligible?
Yes, pending residency in Macoupin County and the GED test was provide by the Regional Office of Education in Carlinville, Illinois and have a passing score on all sections.
- What do we look for in regards to admission at Blackburn College?
Freshman Students : 2.75 gpa on a 4.0 scale, 950 SAT score or an 18 ACT score, Top 50%.
Transfer Students : 2.0 gpa based on 24 hours of transferable credit.
- Do I have to live on campus?
While Blackburn College recognizes the importance of a fully integrated college experience there is not a requirement for students to live on campus.