Preparation for careers in: software engineering, cyber security (both information and network), web design and development, network and systems administration, intelligent systems, information systems, big data and data mining, programming, app development, human-computer interaction, scientific modeling, biology/chemistry/business informatics, game development, graphics, aerospace simulation, computer engineering, and computing research.
The study of computation and information, the development of related applications, the creation of new concepts, tools and techniques
100% of graduates hired in computing fields
Why Computer Science?
- ACM/IEEE- Compliant curriculum
- Research lab with state-of-the-art software development equipment
- Collaborative projects in small classes
- Independent Senior Projects mentored by faculty
- Faculty committed to teaching
- Hands-on experience through the work program
Practical experience in network and system administration, technology services, consulting and instruction, research, information systems, financial and business applications, as well as team management.
Characteristics of the field:
- Creative: demands innovation and imagination
- Constructive: requires careful construction and the testing of solution models
- Collaborative: exploits synergies among specialists working as a team toward a common goal
Hot Job Outlooks:
- Software Engineering and Development
- Information Security
- Computer Systems Administration
- Web Services and App Development
- Information Systems Design and Management
- Game Design and Development