Academic Resource Assistant – Lumpkin Learning CenterStudent Job - Tuition Position
ARAs greet patrons as they enter the library, assist students, faculty and staff with navigating the variety of learning resources and services offered in the Student Success Center. They also help maintain an orderly, safe and clean work space for library patrons.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide assistance with research and reference services
- Attend and participate in scheduled trainings and staff meetings
- Serve as a respectful, positive and professional representative of the Success Center
- Maintain confidentiality of patron and student information
- Help connect students, faculty and staff with all services offered in the Success Center
- Maintain an organized and clean facility, including shelf reading
- Record consultation proceedings and Information Desk statistics
- Assist with library circulation and organization of print materials, including searching the online catalog, lending out laptops and items on course reserves or inter-library loan
- Troubleshoot basic technology problems (e.g. the printers, copier)
- Assist with marketing, public relations and outreach for the LSSC
- Assist other Success Center staff when requested
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good teamwork skills
If you’re interested in this opening, you will need:
- a completed Work Program Application
Submit the application by email to email@example.com or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications are due no later than Wednesday, April 19 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.