Student Job - Tuition Position
Admissions – General WorkerAdministration
One Position | Fall 2023
This position reports to the Admissions Office Manager with a specific focus on increasing the number of prospective students to be recruited.
- Supports the Office of Admissions in the overall development and implementation of institutional enrollment goals.
- Makes daily telephone, e-mail and social media inquiries when requested to prospective students, parents and high school counselors.
- Gives campus tours to Admissions visitors, escorts visitors to appointments across campus and has lunch with visitors and their family.
- Answers the main college telephone
- Performs data entry of prospective students in the CAMS and Slate database system.
- Assists with mass marketing mailings, copying and scanning.
- Participates in Admissions special events, such as Preview Days and Admit Days.
- Serves as hosts for overnight Admissions visitors.
- Provides assistance to the Admissions staff
- Serves on appropriate College committees.
- Other duties as assigned
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person holding this position. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons holding this position.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in person, in writing and be able to speak publicly. Ability to communicate with faculty and staff members, and prospective/current students and their parents in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be comfortable interacting with new people
- Should possess high energy, attention to detail, positive attitude and the ability to organize effectively
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and Google.
- Should possess organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
If you’re interested in this opening, you will need:
Applications are due no later than Tuesday, September 19 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.