Work Office - Athletics Department
Athletic Training Room WorkerStudent Job - Tuition Position
One Opening Fall 2022
Are you interested in health care and working around sports? The athletic training staff is looking for an individual to who will be able to assist with daily care and treatment of Blackburn athletes under the supervision of the athletic trainer. The applicant should be able to work with a variety of individuals and be adaptable to working early mornings and/or evening hours as well as weekends.
The athletic training room student worker works under the supervision of the athletic trainer. He/she will be responsible for performing a variety of duties as assigned by the athletic trainer. These duties include but are not limited to:
Game / Practice Set Up
- Supervise all practices and games to ensure health and safety of involved athletes.
- Perform tasks as needed during games/practices
Rehabilitation / Emergency Care
- Assist the athletic trainer with rehabilitation of injuries
- Assist the athletic trainer manage injuries- ranging from minor to severe while staying within trained limitations.
- Serve as a first responder in situations where the athletic trainer is not immediately available
Post Practice / Games
- Help to provide athletes with post game treatments as needed including: ice, modalities, stretching
- Perform tasks to maintain the athletic training room including: cleaning, organizing
- Assist with paperwork as needed.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by the athletic trainer
Student workers will be able to work alongside an athletic trainer and staff to help them increase their knowledge of various topics within the sports medicine field. The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to be reliable and adaptable to flexible schedules as needed
- Be able to handle themselves well in stressful situations
- Be able to maintain confidentiality
- Interest in working around sports and learning new things to help the athletes better.
- The ability to work early morning, late nights, and weekends.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals.
If you’re interested in this opening, you will need:
- a completed Work Program Application
Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications are due no later than Friday, September 16 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.