Work Office - Academics Department
Biology – Vivarium WorkerStudent Job - Tuition Position
One Opening Fall 2022
- General care of terrestrial and aquatic animals including, but not limited to, feeding and watering, cleaning of enclosures, identifying and treating of disease or deterioration, and socialization
- Designing and building of animal enclosures and other displays
- On-campus community outreach and communication
- Facilities and equipment care including, but not limited to, cleaning and maintenance of the Vivarium, Ecology lab, storage/prep areas, and contents of these spaces
- Potentially perform off-campus community outreach and communication
- Potentially contribute to organization of events including Science Day
- Potentially perform the same duties as a Faculty/Lab Assistant
- Potentially contribute to research and other projects
- Major and/or outstanding skills in a field related to the goals of the Vivarium such as Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Education, Business, Art, etc
- Cannot be on academic, work or social probation
- Good communication, organization, and teamwork skills
- Previous experience with animals strongly preferred
If you’re interested in this opening, you will need:
- a completed Work Program Application
Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications are due no later than Friday, September 16 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.