Work Office - Academics Department
Biology – Vivarium Worker/Lab Assistant, Dr. KahlStudent Job - Tuition Position
Duties of a Vivarium Worker include, but not limited to:
- Feeding animals such as reptiles, amphibians, and birds according to a schedule
- Cleaning animal tanks and cages regularly
- Documentation of all husbandry-related and vivarium activities
- Meeting and greeting touring students and families, and offering information about the Biology Department and Vivarium
- Maintaining a clean vivarium and clean animal spaces throughout the vivarium, the Ecology lab, and Mahan/Olin
- Attending regular vivarium meetings, and maintain communication with other workers and Dr. Kahl
- Following vivarium schedules and protocols
- Potentially assist in procuring new animals
- Assist with educational shows of vivarium animals for the local schools and general public as needed
Teaching Assistant work may include, but not limited to:
- Complete preparatory work for classes and labs including Ecology, Environmental Science, and others.
- Prep work may include picking up resources, building lab equipment, prepping an area or location for a class visit, or any other type of prep needed.
- Assist with preparing and grading assignments, quizzes, and exams
- Facilities and equipment care, including but not limited to: organizing, cleaning and maintenance of the Ecology lab, storage/prep areas, offices, and contents of these spaces
- Organize and clean office and lab use spaces
- Perform general clerical work as needed, assist in labs as an additional driver for field trips
- Other related duties as assigned by faculty
- Contribute to organization and execution of events including Science Day
- Major in a field related to the goals of the Vivarium such as Biology and/or Environmental
- Demonstrated success in academics and work
- Good communication, organization, and teamwork skills
- A demonstrated interest in the area of study
If you’re interested in this opening, you will need:
- a completed Work Program Application
Submit the application by email to email@example.com or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications are due no later than Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.