Bookstore – General WorkerStudent Job - Tuition Position
The Bookstore General Worker provides excellent customer service to store patrons.
Essential job functions include:
- Sort and distribute all mail and packages.
- Help send out mailings from departments around campus.
- Keep all individual inventory categories (textbooks, supplies, merchandise, clothing) stocked, priced, clean and organized.
- Assist customers as needed.
- Operate cash register and be knowledgeable of and functional in all operating procedures.
- Clean store, backroom and mailroom on a daily basis.
- inventory sheets are due periodically to the assistant manager of sales’ mailbox with corrections/ changes that need to be made.
- All other duties will be assigned as manager and assistant managers see fit
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- Previous cash handling and retail experience
- Must be detail oriented, personable, able to work well with the public, and have good customer service skills.
- Must be extremely trustworthy and dependable
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must know how to address a letter
If you’re interested in this opening, you will need:
- a completed Work Program Application
Submit the application by email to email@example.com or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications are due no later than Wednesday, April 19 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.