Work Office - Campus Services Department
Crew HeadStudent Job – Paid Hours Position
One Opening Fall 2022 – paid hours position
- Working with the crew, giving proper guidance, training, and direction to assure that the work is completed and to the proper standards
- enforcing department and work program guidelines, recommending worker for warnings as necessary, assuring that adequate supplies and equipment are available to perform work, resolving worker complaints/problems, completing check sheets and submitting them to the manager/assistants or staff person as required
- reporting any damage in building to physical plant office so repairs can be scheduled
- attending department meetings as called; keeping the assistants, manager and staff informed of problems, issues, etc.; other janitorial duties as assigned.
Each crew head is assigned a crew of 4-6 workers and a building(s) or area to clean. Also Crew heads are responsible for keeping the building clean, i.e. they can receive write-ups for sub-standard cleaning by their crew if they let the crew do sub-standard cleaning and leaving the building dirty.
Preference will be given to the following.
- Prior experience in the department or in other related work is preferred
- must possess knowledge of the work/department; must be dependable and possess good communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- cannot be on academic, social or work probation.
- Work Program Application
Submit the application and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications are due no later than Monday, September 19 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.