Work Office - Academics Department
Mathematics – Faculty Assistant / Tutor and GraderStudent Job - Tuition Position
One Opening Fall 2022
- Be the designated tutor for one of the following courses: MA 100, MA 120, MA 122, MA 140, or MA 254. Assignment to a math course will depend on math background, department need, and the schedules of all tutors. You may also help a tutor for another class.
- Attend each class of the course you are tutoring, if possible.
- Tutor in Math Lab two nights a week as assigned by department.
- Perhaps help with the grading, depending on the course.
- Office work such as making copies, running errands, etc.
Preference will be given to the following.
- Earned a B or higher in a Blackburn math class above MA 100
- Record as a student and a worker that demonstrates reliability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
If you’re interested in this opening, you will need:
- a completed Work Program Application
Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications are due no later than Friday, September 16 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.