Grounds General WorkerStudent Job - Tuition Position
One opening | Spring 2023
The Grounds Crew provides a number of necessary services to the college community.
Essential job functions include:
Care and maintenance of campus grounds
- mowing, trimming, and planting
- policing for litter
- clearing snow and ice from roadways, parking lots, sidewalks and entryways
- raking leaves
- tree removal and trimming
- collecting and disposing of campus trash and recycling materials
- cleaning and maintenance of shop and equipment
- may assist with mechanical repairs
- receiving and distributing college shipments
- moving furniture, supplies, and equipment
Responsible for the care and upkeep of
- athletic fields (i.e. baseball, softball, and soccer) and the preparation, lining, and dragging of the fields for games
- set-ups and tear-downs for campus events
Other general maintenance and grounds duties as assigned
Preference will be given to the following.
- Previous experience and/or interest in grounds work is preferred but not required
- knowledge of the care and setup of athletic fields and experience with the appropriate equipment is preferred but not required
- this position will at times require some lifting.
If you’re interested in this opening, you will need:
- a completed Work Program Application
Submit the application by email to email@example.com or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications are due no later than Monday, November 28 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.