LLPS – Teaching Assistant (Peffer)Student Job - Tuition Position
One Opening | Fall 2023
- Support students in introductory LLPS courses (JA 124, SO 104, and PS102/104) by offering weekly study sessions. The TA may also review homework assignments, hold extra study sessions before exams, assist faculty in collecting and distributing assignments, and managing attendance for class as well as special events, as well as attend class or any supporting LE 106 class sessions as needed. The role of the TA is to provide excellent customer service to our students and promote their success
- Must have taken and passed the following courses with a B or higher: PS
- 102/104, SO 104, JA 124
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Good communications skills: be able to work with students one on one or managing questions from many students during busy times
- Reliability: be able to keep regular hours and to arrange hours that are convenient both faculty needs and student access to TA services
- Responsibility: be able to work independently and coordinate class content and study materials with several faculty and classes
- Customer Service: will create and foster a positive learning environment where student success is the primary goal.
- Confidentiality: keep secure sensitive information such as grades and accommodations
If you’re interested in this opening, you will need:
- a completed Work Program Application
Submit the application by email to email@example.com or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications are due no later than Wednesday, April 19 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.