Snack Bar – Student ManagerStudent Job - Leadership
2023-24 Academic Year
The position of Student Manager is a student leader who serves as a member of the Student Work Committee representing the needs of the work department in which they serve. The Student manager, with the advice and support of department advisors and/or professional staff, is responsible for the organization, hiring, training, motivation, supervision, and evaluation of the student workforce.
- Open/Close – cash register
- Take orders/oversee shift
With guidance from the department advisor and other appropriate professional staff ensure that:
- Minimal labor needs of food services are met, jobs are necessary/productive, qualified workers, crew heads and assistant managers are hired and trained;
- Services and hours of operation meet campus needs;
- Provide leadership and mediation with problem resolution and disciplinary matters;
- Ensure that weekly time cards are totaled and submitted by deadline; see that workers are scheduled; monitor over/under time and reschedule workers as necessary; see that workers, crew heads and assistant managers performance is evaluated and discussed with them; identify honor workers;
- Ensure that; sales/cash is accounted for, and that proper measures are taken to prevent theft.
- Be a member of and attend work committee meetings; represent department interests and together with other managers ensure that overall interests/needs of campus community are met; participate in establishing and accomplishing goals and objectives of the work committee; participate in the selection of next year’s department manager and general managers, and help train new manager.
The successful candidate must be willing to work with diverse groups of students and have the desire to work as a team and the ability to complete tasks independently.
Candidates for department manager positions must:
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5
- Not be on academic, work, or social probation
Preference will be given to the following.
- Previous food service experience is desirable, but not required;
- Flexible schedule – class time is protected
- Good time management and organization skills
- Communication, Leadership, Mediation, and Social Skills
- Maturity of thought and good interpersonal skills
- Must meet grade point requirement;
- Cannot be on academic, social or work probation.
- 12pm-9pm throughout the Week
- 12pm-10pm Weekend
- You are at a chance to be needed at any point of the day during open hours.
- Class time is protected
- Completed Returning Student Worker Application.
- Letter of Intent outlining why you are interested in this position
- Diversity Statement.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to character and work history. Recommendations should be submitted directly to the Work Office; the Dean of Work, Department Advisor for the department in which the student is applying, and current students cannot write recommendations for student managers.
Submit all requested application items by email to email@example.com or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm, Monday March 27, 2023.
Blackburn College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to build an inclusive community that can engage the interests of a diverse population. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and sustaining a culture that reflects the diversity of our country, and as such we particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups such as women, people of color, LGBTQ+, veterans, and those with disabilities.