Student Activities Coordinator – Student LifeStudent Job - Tuition Position
- Student Activities Coordinators are expected to assist with the planning, marketing, and implementation of programs hosted by the Office of Student Activities. Coordinators will be active on the Campus Activities Board (CAB) by attending meetings, helping to organize volunteers, and promoting the Office of Student Engagement in a positive manner. Coordinators will work closely with the Auxiliary Services, Theater, Public Relations, and Residence Life departments. They will also communicate and work with booking and talent agents/agencies. Coordinators are also responsible for helping to maintain and monitor campus Clubs and Organizations.
- Coordinators will be expected to work some hours at the Student Life front desk in which they will perform light office duties, provide students with resources, answer questions, and connect students with professional and paraprofessional staff when needed. Coordinators also have the opportunity to help maintain and monitor intramural(s) as they occur on campus. All student activities coordinators will be certified to drive Blackburn vehicles (when possible) and be aware that there is a possibility that they may need to drive to and from events.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workplace apps; experience with Canva or other software helpful
- Certified as a Blackburn College driver or the ability to become a Blackburn College drive (requires a clean driving record)
- A desire to make Blackburn College thrive and an enthusiasm for campus programming and campus culture
If you’re interested in this opening, you will need:
- a completed Work Program Application
Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person to the Work Office.
Applications are due no later than Wednesday, April 19 at 5:00 pm.
Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.