College presents many new challenges for students to navigate. It’s very common for students to need a little help navigating those challenges! Holistic Success Coaching can help you build essential skills to be successful in every aspect of your college experience – from academics, to work, to relationships with your peers. You can meet one-on-one with a professional or peer coach. This page provides more information about Holistic Success Coaching and what you can expect.
What is Holistic Success Coaching?
Think about an athletic coach – how does an athletic coach help the players on their team perform to the best of their ability? Generally, they provide opportunities for players to practice important skills for their sport, give feedback on players’ performance and ways they can improve, provide encouragement and positive reinforcement when a player does something great, and help athletes reflect on their own performance and determine a plan for improvement.
Have you ever wished for someone who could provide that kind of support and guidance, but for other parts of your life besides sports – such as your academics or even your relationships with your peers? Holistic Success Coaching can! If you are struggling with any of the following areas, Holistic Success Coaching may be the right resource for you:
- Managing your time
- Studying “smarter”, not harder – knowing the best ways to study for YOUR learning needs or for a particular course
- Managing test anxiety
- Setting boundaries with friends, roommates, and family
- Advocating for yourself with peers or faculty
- Having difficult conversations at work
- Practicing self-care
- Financial wellness (such as budgeting)
- Getting connected with other resources on campus or in the community