The Valedictorian or Salutatorian Scholarship recognizes graduating high school seniors that have achieved Valedictorian or Salutatorian status. Students that are eligible may receive a renewable full tuition scholarship upon fulfilling the requirements to receive this award.
Requirements of the Scholarship:
- Student must meet admissions requirements
- Students must participate in Blackburn College’s Work Program
- The Valedictorian or Salutatorian Scholarship paired with federal and state grants (if applicable) may not exceed the total direct cost (tuition, room, board and fees). Any amount over the total cost would be deducted from the Valedictorian or Salutatorian Scholarship to the level of the total direct cost.
- Students receive this award are required to live on campus as long as they receive the award.
- Recipients must maintain a 3.2 cumulative grade point average and be positive members of the campus community.
The Valedictorian or Salutatorian Scholarship is not awarded or made official until the final official high school transcript has been received confirming the requirements of this award have been met.