College RegistrarOffice of Registrar & Records
Blackburn College, a unique four-year liberal arts college and one of the nine federally recognized work colleges located in Carlinville, IL, seeks applications for a Registrar. Blackburn College was founded in 1837 and is situated on eighty picturesque acres between Springfield, Illinois and St. Louis, Missouri. This is an opportunity to train and work with students to provide excellent customer service on the operational side of the office.
The Registrar is responsible for managing the registration process, certifying graduates, tracking student progress, and maintaining the integrity of the curriculum. Additionally, they serve as the FERPA compliance officer, overseeing the confidentiality of student records. The position reports to the Director of Advising, Records, and Registration under the Office of the Provost and collaborates with faculty and other administrative offices to support the college’s academic mission.
- Oversees systems and processes of academic records and the conferral of degrees and academic awards for all undergraduate programs.
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of student academic record-keeping and the overall academic integrity of the institution.
- Works directly with the Director of Advising, Records, and Registration, and the faculty to coordinate class schedules and classroom assignments; Maintains the degree audit system; Oversees transcript production and processing; Prepares and edits the academic catalog.
- Collaborates with the Director of Institutional Research and Director of Technology Services, the registrar prepares and audits student data essential for official internal and external reporting and supports other relevant data research as needed.
- Oversee the conformity of educational record use, dissemination, and privacy of student information to university policies and legal requirements, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other applicable laws and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- We recognize that different candidates will have strengths in different areas, and we are open to candidates with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Able to collaborate with people, solve problems, troubleshoot, think creatively, and resolve conflicts; Experience training and managing staff; Ability to assign, monitor, and review the work of others. The successful candidate will possess a positive and professional customer service orientation in dealing with students and other constituents.
- Proficiency with common software tools and strong ability to learn new software; Blackburn College currently uses Microsoft Office, SPSS, Google Suite, and the CAMS system;
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s preferred, for this position. The successful candidate will have two to three years registrar experience including working with Student Information Systems software in a higher education setting.
Blackburn College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to build an inclusive community that can engage the interests of a diverse population. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and sustaining a culture that reflects the diversity of our country, and as such we particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups such as women, people of color, LGBTQ+, veterans, and those with disabilities.
Please send a letter of application addressing the above expectations including a description of what diversity means to you, a resume or CV, and the names/addresses/telephone numbers/e-mail addresses of three to five references to: Human Resources, Blackburn College, 700 College Ave., Ludlum 110, Carlinville, IL 62626 or email email@example.com. Employment-based immigration sponsorship is not offered for this position. Phone calls or walk-ins not accepted. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.