Blackburn College is launching a new program to accelerate the training of highly-qualified teachers for areas most in need. In just one year, you can learn with our tremendous Education Department, work to successfully pass the edTPA, and enter the profession by the Fall of 2021. Students deserve excellent teachers and you deserve the best preparation available. Help change lives with Blackburn!
THE BLACKBURN ADVANTAGE
This program is designed for returning students with degrees in fields other than education who wish to obtain teaching licensure in the following content areas:
|Middle Grades, 5-8
|Secondary Grades, 9-12
||Content Grades K-12
- Candidates accepted as Golden Apple Accelerators
- Candidates who will be employed during the 2020-2021 school year in an area school in any of the content areas listed above.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale). Students with an advanced degree from a regionally accredited university are excused from this requirement.
- Evaluation of content coursework in official transcripts for admission into K-12, 5-8 or 9-12.
Tuition & Fees
- SUMMER 2020 (June 15 — July 03) … $6,500
- FALL 2020 (August 17 — December 11) … $6,500
- SPRING 2021 (January 11 — May 14) … $6,500
No hidden fees, increases or additional testing requirements.