The Office of Student Life aims to aid new students in successfully transitioning to life at Blackburn College. Our goal is to encourage our students to build a supportive community that allows them to be successful academically and socially.
The Office of Student Life provides students, guests, and families with a comprehensive introduction to Blackburn College through Spring and Summer Orientation programs.
New Student Experience Schedule
|April 30, 2022||Admitted Student Day|
|June 11, 2022*||Summer Orientation Session One|
|July 9, 2022*||Summer Orientation Session Two|
|August 19-24, 2022||Week of Welcome!|
*Students should attend one of the June/July dates.
Summer Orientation Information
Congratulations and welcome to the Blackburn family! You are about to embark on an amazing journey of learning and personal growth. Thank you for letting Blackburn join you on this journey. Now that you have been accepted, it is time to help you transition to becoming a full member of our community.
The next step in your Blackburn journey is to participate in New Student Summer Orientation. This event is highly recommended for all incoming students. It will provide you an opportunity to meet faculty, work program managers, visit and apply for housing, learn about campus activities, and register for classes. This event will take place on June 11 OR July 9; students should select one of these days to attend. Check-in for the event will start at 8:00 am and events will wrap up by 5:00 pm, with lunch provided. Use this link to sign up and reserve your spot today. Incoming students are able to bring their parents or guardians with them. Please include them on the registration form.
Below is a list of items and information you should complete prior to arriving on campus for new student orientation:
- Complete your 2022-2023 FAFSA form. This form determines your eligibility for student aid that will help you pay for college.
- Once you have completed your FAFSA, you will receive a Financial Aid Award Letter in the mail. If you intend to enroll at Blackburn, you should accept this letter through your Blackburn Student Portal. For instructions on how to access the portal look for an email entitled “portal access” in your inbox.
- Pay your deposit! Paying your $150.00 deposit saves you a spot in the 2022-2023 class and allows you to start the class registration, housing, and campus work processes.
Ways to pay your deposit?
- Online ( Visa, MasterCard, and Discover only) Pay online
- By phone ( Visa, MasterCard, and Discover only) 217-854-5515
- In-person (cash, check, credit debit) Chris Beck in Ludlum Hall RM 116
For additional questions about the Financial Aid process, please contact Alexis Brown.
The Work Program
- In order to start your application to the work program, it is suggested that all students bring the documents required to complete the I-9 form. These forms must be originals (photocopies will not be accepted). A list of acceptable documents is linked here. All students must have a completed I-9 before they can begin their work assignment.
- In order to complete your direct deposit information, you will need to provide your bank routing and account numbers or provide a voided check.
- You will also want to complete the work program application after the Orientation Job Fair on June 11 or July 9.
Submit your vaccination records. The following vaccines are required for all students:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
Use the link to access the college’s vaccination form.
You may also wish to complete the housing application so the college can start finding the right place for you. For a description of our residence halls, use this link. Residence Hall tours will be available on June 11 or July 9. If you wish to be exempt from housing you must meet certain requirements listed on this application.
To submit records of your vaccinations or ask questions about housing, contact Samantha Eich.
The highlight of the day will be an opportunity to register for classes in the fall! All you need to do for this is to think about what you enjoy doing and the classes you might like to take. Complete the following google form prior to registration.
For more information on class registration contact Diana Ruyle.
Scan to register for summer Orientation
Here is a checklist to confirm your enrollment before you come to Blackburn.
If you have any additional questions about Blackburn Summer Orientation or Week of Welcome please contact Brian Seay.
Follow us on Instagram!
For continued support or any questions you might have about the new student experience, please contact:
Director of Student Success