Blackburn College is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program as well as other federal GI Bill® benefits. If you are an active-duty service member or Veteran, a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a qualified survivor or dependent, you may be eligible for education benefits.

Military Supportive Colleges - Best of the Midwest Region

The Office of Financial Aid serves as the Veterans Affairs (VA) certifying official for Blackburn College. Student Veterans and certain dependents may receive assistance with matters relating to educational benefits and payments. Veterans must submit a copy of their DD214 to the Office of Financial Aid.

Beginning August 1, 2019, and despite any policy to the contrary, Blackburn College will not take any of the four following actions toward any student using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while their payment from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs is pending to the educational institution:

  • Prevent their enrollment;
  • Assess a late penalty fee to;
  • Require they secure alternative or additional funding;
  • Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

  • Produce the VA’s Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class;
  • Provide written request to be certified;
  • Provide additional information, as needed

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at:

Further information regarding veterans’ specific concerns may be obtained by contacting the Office of Financial Aid.