What is an Internship?
- Practical experience and experiential learning that is completed and related to your academic and professionals goals.
- Opportunity to build your knowledge and skills, exposure to opportunities, and connections to professionals in your field.
- Can be paid or unpaid.
Benefits of Completing an Internship
- Obtain experience related to your major
- Develop transferable skills
- Build your network
- Explore career options
Where Do I Start?
- Talk with your advisor
- Can you do an internship for credit?
- Is an internship required for your major?
- How many hours are required?
- Explore the Featured Opportunities page and the bulletin board outside of the Bookstore
- Explore the resources listed on this page.
- Zippia Guide to how to get an internship
- Update your Resume – make sure it is relevant to each internship you are applying to.
- Create a Cover Letter for each application.
- Prepare for the Interview.
What are Micro-Internships?
Micro-Internships are short-term, professional assignments that provide you with opportunities to gain experience, while helping companies get more done. Through these assignments, you will learn what it takes to succeed in an industry, while demonstrating your grit and determination as prospective employees.
To learn more and start a Micro-Internship, visit: http://info.parkerdewey.com/blackburn
Be sure to get assistance with your resume before applying!
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- IL Department of Natural Resources
- IL Environmental Protection Agency
- IL Governor’s Office
- Springfield Park District