Want to go to graduate school?
Here are some important things to know.
Most graduate school program application deadlines are December-January the year before you plan to start.
What is a reasonable timeline?
- Spring of junior year- research graduate programs and request information
- Summer before senior year- study for the GRE, GMAT, or other required standardized test
- Take the test at the end of the summer (this leaves time for a retake if necessary).
- Make sure your scores are sent to the schools you are applying to
Early Fall Make sure to:
- Work on required documents, such as personal statement
- Request letters of recommendations
Late Fall (around November) make sure to:
- Have all requirements prepared
- Have a professor, career services, or another professional review your materials.
- Submit your application before the application deadline
Start preparing for graduate school during your first semester!
Graduate schools have specific GPA requirements and you need to start building a strong GPA right away. Below are a list of resources to help prepare you for your next step: