All of the following documents and forms are required to be considered for admission to Blackburn College. To allow adequate time to process the admission request and complete the enrollment process should the request be approved, it is recommended that all materials be received no later than June 1 for Fall semester enrollment; and November 1 for Spring semester enrollment.
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION:
- Application Form: Complete the Application for Admission including all required signatures. Incomplete information that is requested on the form may delay the processing of your request.
English Proficiency: Blackburn accepts those listed below for demonstrating English proficiency. Results must come directly from the testing service. Non-native English speakers must meet one of the following standards:
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language, internet based) 80 or higher with certain minimum sub-scores ranging from 17-20.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language, paper based) 550 or above with a minimum of 50 on all sub-scores.
- IELTS (International English Language Test System) 6.0 overall or higher with sub-scores of 6.0 in Reading, Listening and Speaking, and 5.5 in Writing.
- Duolingo English Test — Minimum Score 120. An online English proficiency test that can be taken online, on-demand, in under and hour. The test is taken via computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with Blackburn College when you send your results. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test session.
- Cambridge English Score (CAE – Advanced or CPE – Proficiency) — A score of 174 with no individual score below 169.
- Transcripts, Diplomas, and Certificates — Provide records of every secondary school you have attended. Records must be originals, certified or notarized Photostats and must be translated into English.
EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL RESOURCES:
- Financial Statement Form: Complete, signed International Financial Statement Form
- If using a financial sponsor(s) complete and sign Affidavit of Financial Support for Sponsor
- Bank Statements: Along with the financial statement(s), you must furnish current legal bank statements (for you and any financial sponsors) and/or scholarship awards verifying the availability of at least $22,075.00 US dollars or the equivalent in another currency to cover tuition and other expenses for at least your first year of attendance at Blackburn College.
Legal Bank Statements –
- Bank statements for each of the last three months;
- Name of account holder must be present;
- Amount of money in the account must be listed (conversion to US Dollars at the current rate);
- Must be in English, or include a certified English translation;
- Type of account (eg. savings, checking, time deposit) must be included;
- Type of currency must be included.
Please ensure that adequate funding will continue to be available from the same or equally dependable sources for subsequent years. You may be asked to show proof of this at your visa interview. Supporting documents for each of the sources of funding is required.
- Passport Biographical Page: For all international students, provide a copy of your current, valid passport biographical page.
- International Student Agreement: Please read, sign, and return the International Student Agreement
All forms and documents to be submitted to:
Blackburn College; Admissions Department; 700 College Avenue; Carlinville, IL 62626
or emailed to Admissions@Blackburn.edu
Once all the information/documentation is received, you should be notified as soon as possible of our admission decision.