All of the following documents and forms are required to be considered for admission to Blackburn College. Students with F-1 visas currently in the US and transferring from another college/university the recommended deadlines are August 1 for Fall semester enrollment  and December 1 for Spring semester enrollment. Students who currently do not hold an F-1 visa, admissions materials must be received no later than June 1 for Fall semester enrollment; and November 1 for Spring semester enrollment. 


  • Application Form: Complete the Application for Admission including all required signatures. Incomplete information  that is requested on the form may delay the processing of your request. 


  • Financial Statement: Complete, signed International Student Financial Statement Form 
  • If using a financial sponsor(s) complete and signed Affidavit of Financial Support for Sponsor 
  • Bank Statements: Along with the financial statement(s), you must furnish current legal bank statements (for you and any financial sponsors) and/or scholarship awards verifying the availability of at least $22,075.00 US dollars or the equivalent in another currency to cover tuition and other expenses for at least your first year of attendance at Blackburn College.  

Legal Bank Statements 

  • Bank statements for each of the last three months; 
  • Name of account holder must be present; 
  • Amount of money in the account must be listed (conversion to US Dollars at the current rate); 
  • Must be in English, or include a certified English translation; 
  • Type of account (eg. savings, checking, time deposit) must be included; 
  • Type of currency must be included. 

Please ensure that adequate funding will continue to be available from the same or equally dependable sources for subsequent years. You may be asked to show proof of this at your visa interview. Supporting documents for each of the sources of funding is required. 


English Proficiency: Blackburn accepts those listed below for demonstrating English proficiency. Results must come directly from the testing service. Non-native English speakers must meet one of the following standards:

  • TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language, internet-based) — 80 or higher with certain minimum sub-scores ranging from 17-20. 
  • TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language, paper-based) — 550 or above with a minimum of 50 on all sub-scores.
  • IELTS (International English Language Test System) — 6.0 overall or higher with sub-scores of 6.0 in Reading, Listening  and Speaking, and 5.5 in Writing. 
  • Duolingo English Test — Minimum Score 120. An online English proficiency test that can be taken online, on-demand, in under and hour. The test is taken via computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with Blackburn College when you send your results. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test session.
  • Cambridge English Score (CAE – Advanced or CPE – Proficiency) — A score of 174 with no individual score below 169. 
  • Transcripts, Diplomas, and Certificates: 
    • Provide records of every secondary school you have attended. Records must be originals, certified or notarized Photostats and must be translated into English. 
    • Provide records of every post-secondary institution (official college transcripts) you have attended. Records must be originals, certified or notarized Photostats and must be translated into English.
    • If your academic credentials require evaluation, you can use Scholaro (


  • Passport Biographical Page: For all international students, provide a copy of your current, valid passport biographical page. 
  • I-20: All international students transferring from another U.S. college/university with current F-1 visas must submit a copy of the I-20 from the institution currently enrolled. Should your admission request be approved, before Blackburn can issue a revised I-20 form you must contact P/DSO at your present college/university to request them to transfer your I-20.
  • Transfer Student Release Form: All international students transferring from another U.S college/university with current F-1 visas must complete the student section of the Transfer Student Release Form, then submit it to a Designated School Official (DSO) at your present institution.
  • International Student Agreement: Please read, sign, and return the International Student Agreement All forms and documents to be submitted to: 

Blackburn College; Admissions Department; 700 College Avenue; Carlinville, IL 62626 

or emailed to 

Once all the information/documentation is received, you should be notified as soon as possible of our admission decision.