What’s the goal of a great resume?
To showcase your skills, education and experience, and to help you get an interview. You will never get a chance to wow an employer with your awesome interview skills if you never get invited!
Check out the links and resources on this page to help you build or improve your resume.
What are the most important things to remember when creating a resume?
- Edit!!!! Always use spelling/grammar check AND have at least two people proof read your resume.
- Your resume should be tailored to every position you apply for.
- Keywords- use phrases and words from the job posting to illustrate that you have the skills they are looking for.
- Transferable skills– these are skills that are used in many different types of jobs and careers.
- Easy to read- white space, bullets, easy-to-scan headings. In a first review, employers spend approximately 6 seconds looking at a resume!
Blackburn has partnered with Upkey who provides guidance and support in building your resume in a fun and engaging format. Sign up takes less than a minute and you’re ready to go!
Upkey is extending their free services to help slow the spread of COVID-19. You can call 708-315-4614 or email: email@example.com this helpline to talk about any issues you have with your internship and job search.
Top 5 Resume Mistakes
Check out Optimal Resume through Illinois WorkNet. Create a free account and get access to the resume builder (and other great tools)!