Blackburn College partners with nearby institutions and regional medical centers to enhance educational opportunity. Here is a list of Blackburn’s articulation agreements:
- Blackburn maintains a 2 + 2 articulation agreement with Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Goldfarb School of Nursing, St. Louis MO. Students pursue a two year course of study and then transfer to Goldfarb School of Nursing for two years of work leading to a BS in Nursing. Students may also pursue any bachelor’s degree from Blackburn while taking pre-nursing classes and then complete a one-year accelerated program with Goldfarb School of Nursing and also receive a BS in nursing degree.
- Through a 3 + 2 articulation agreement with St. John’s College of Nursing in Springfield, IL. Blackburn College students obtain a Bachelor of Arts in biology from Blackburn and a Bachelor of Science in nursing from St. John’s College of Nursing.
Medical Laboratory Science:
Blackburn offers a 3 + 1 program in medical laboratory science where students complete their fourth year at one of the following Blackburn approved hospitals for a twelve month program of both laboratory theory and laboratory experience courses:
- St. John’s Hospital of the Hospital Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Springfield IL
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Vincennes IN
- OSF Healthcare System at St. Francis Medical Center, Peoria IL